As a Freelance WordPress Designer in Bangkok, often Thailand based business owners ask me: Why should I use WordPress? Isn’t my old site good enough? Why do I need to switch to WordPress? And let me tell you one thing: If you’re asking these questions, then you’re at the right place.
People often make the mistake of classifying WordPress as just a blogging platform. Although that used to be true in the past, WordPress has evolved through out the years into a versatile content management system (CMS). While you can still use WordPress to create a simple blog, now it also allows you to create fully functional websites and mobile applications.
Here are ten reasons why you should use WordPress to run your business website.
1. WordPress is easy manage, and update. You don’t need to be an Internet expert or an HTML coder to use WordPress. All you need is an internet connection and a web browser to create your website. Need help learning the basics? Contact me and set up a quick start course.
2. WordPress is good for both your blog and your website. It’s true that WordPress started out as a blogging system, but that was ages ago. Over the years WordPress has evolved into a full-featured web content management system. Of course if you just want to blog, you can use WordPress that way too.
3. WordPress is search engine friendly. As Google Engineer Matt Cutts says, “WordPress automatically solves a ton of SEO issues.” And with the free Yoast SEO plugin, your site will be even more search engine friendly.
4. WordPress is popular. At last count over 20% of all websites were powered by WordPress.
5. WordPress is ready for the mobile web. If you assume your customers are visiting your website from a full-sized computer, think again. Mobile website usage is exploding. If your website doesn’t look great and work well on a smartphone or tablet your customers will skip your site and go somewhere else.
Ready to take your website to the next level? Contact me and make it happen!